7.10.2008

Four-Freakin-Thirty

In the morning.

As in, once I was awakened (by the two-year-old legs kicking me, and the two-year-old voice saying "Mommy, I poo!"), I could NOT get back to sleep.

Now, I know there are people who WILLINGLY arise at this hour, but I? Am not one of them.

I know that one of the reasons I wasn't able to drift back into dreamland was my worrisome head. Yet another reason for me to empty it each night and give over everything to He who manages the worries of the world.

We had a New Life for Haiti banquet planning meeting last night. This is a near-and-dear-to-my-heart kind of cause, supported by our church. It is heartening to know that we really are making a difference in this little river valley in Haiti. I know that my problems and challenges, as crazy as they might be, are nothing compared to the daily challenges faced by most Haitians.

And yet, they have something that I don't.

Their hope is not waning. Their faith is strong. They believe that the God who puts fresh water "within their reach" (1.5 hours down a mountain, and 1.5 hours back up) is the same God who will deliver them from malnutrition and abject poverty.

Dear God, Father of those who struggle, please strengthen my faith. Help me to believe, really believe, that "you never let go, through the calm and through the storm." Help me, Lord, to believe without seeing, that You, and only You, will lead me out of the darkness of my mind and into the joyous light of your presence.

Out of the darkness. Into the light of Him.

En Theos.

1 comment:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Beautiful prayer. Praying He meets you right where you're at.

LOVE the title, crack me up!