4.09.2009

Enthusiastic Inspiration

This week, I've been blessed to be able to participate in the A Woman Inspired Web Conference. There have been so many wonderful speakers and I'm really looking forward to downloading the mp3's when they become available and listening again!

Yesterday, I heard Melissa Michaels and Allison Worthington talk about what God can do through you. Melissa is the creative genius behind The Inspired Room, her blog and redecorating business. Alli is known to Blogland as Mrs. Fussypants, as well as the media matriarch behind Blissfully Domestic and The Worthington Wire.

These women are amazing! Both have incredible stories about God carrying them through some serious issues in their lives and how He inspired them to create their businesses and ministries. They talked about hearing God speak to them and how you know something is God-inspired, rather than just "a good idea".

God must've known that I needed to hear them at that time, because it was exactly what I needed to hear. I've had an idea rolling around in my noggin for awhile now and feel as though God has been trying to tell me something. My dear girlfriend (also a believer) suggested that I take some time to do guided journaling, to listen to Him very closely and try to write what I hear. Then Melissa and Alli talked about listening for His voice.

Hmm....maybe I need to clean out my ears!

Enthusiastically listening for His voice, and praying for His grace, but all in His time...

No comments: